Free Demo Class: Discover Music Together®!
• A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
• Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
• Infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
• Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment-regardless of their own musical abilities.
• A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a variety of tonalities, meters and cultural styles.
Music Together® is for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and their parents/caregiver. The classes include songs, rhythmic rhymes and movement, and instrument play activities that are developmentally appropriate for the children and easy for parents and caregivers, regardless of their own musical ability.
Music Together® is a music and movement approach to early childhood music development for infant, toddler, preschool, and kindergarten children and their parents, teachers, and other primary caregivers. Originally offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement. The Music Together approach develops every child's birthright of basic music competence by encouraging the actual experiencing of music rather than the learning of concepts or information about music. It began as an educational project of the Center for Music and Young Children and is now being taught internationally. Music Together CD's, songbooks, and classroom techniques enjoy widespread use by teachers and families both directly and indirectly involved in Music Together.
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through age four through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers; grouping children of a variety of ages because this fosters natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. Any caregivers, parents, grandparents, or nanny can bring the children. The whole family is welcome for this important family music experience.
Sing Along Storybook
This is a drop in, party type class. Children and parents will sing, dance, play instruments, use fun props and read musical storybooks. All ages from 3 months- 5 years are welcome. Each child can participate at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. Any caregivers, parents, grandparents, or nanny can bring the children. The whole family is welcome for this fun and playful family music experience.